LEICKE Activity Tracker FAQ
Sharon Activity Tracker with heart rate measurement
On this page, you will find the link to the LEICKE SmartLife app for using the Sharon Activity Tracker with your smart device as well as further information about the app and frequently asked questions.
What can the app do in conjunction with the tracker?
- Display steps and the calculated distance as well as the daily calorie consumption
- Display measured heart rate
- Sleeping times are determined from available data.
- Data from all categories are shown in diagrams with information on average, best and total values
- Personal day goals can be set for each of the categories (total steps, total calorie consumption, calculated resting pulse, calculated sleep duration).
- Possibility to enter body data for tracker internal use (size and weight)
- Settings for display on the tracker display
- Possibility to set up to 3 alarms (single / repeated)
- Supports data synchronisation with Apple Health (iOS) and Google Fit (Android)
- Language selection: German, English, Spanish, Italian and soon also French
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
The activity tracker is not found in the list of Bluetooth devices:
- The smartphones Bluetooth must be activated.
- The Tracker’s battery must be charged.
- Please check, that the tracker is not connected to another smartphone.
For a failing data transmission there may be the following reasons:
- Battery status of the tracker is too low.
A warning should be displayed in the app. The smartphone can establish a Bluetooth connection with the tracker but it will not send any data.
- The time delay in the synchronization.
The Bluetooth connection (especially a reconnect) can sometimes take up to 30 seconds. After the connection, depending on the amount of data, it may take a while for the data to be displayed. However, this time span only becomes noticeably longer if data of several days are transmitted. In most cases everything should be updated after 5-10 seconds.
- If the tracker was connected to another smartphone and the data was transferred to it, they will then be deleted on the tracker. At the moment, it is not possible to synchronize the same data on multiple devices.
- If there are data transfer or connection issues or the app is not working properly, the problem can often be resolved by rebooting.
Data transfer SmartLife app:
- The data transfer of the tracker runs through our in-house SmartLife app.
- Transfer to the MedM Health app is not possible.
- The tracker is compatible with Android 5.0 and higher / iOS from 8.0 and higher. It is not possible to use a smartphone with an older Android / iOS version. In this case, the SmartLife app will not appear in the PlayStore / Apple Store.
My data does not appear in Apple Health or Google Fit:
- Please enable data sharing with Google Fit / Apple Health in the SmartLife app’s settings.
- If you have not confirmed something necessary in the one-time query, you can make up for this within the used fitness app at any time. Check the data source in the Google Fit / Apple Health app, select which data should be transferred.
- In your smartphone settings, under Apps in the SmartLife app, check what rights you have granted to the SmartLife app.
- The fitness apps show data from different devices. Make sure you have selected SmartLife as your data source. The synchronization of the data from the activity tracker to the used fitness app takes place exclusively via the SmartLife app. To submit data, start the SmartLife app and wait for all the data to be received.
Can the data from Google Fit / Apple Health be imported into the SmartLife app?
- No. A data exchange is currently only possible from the SmartLife app to the fitness app used. Data that can be transmitted currently includes steps, active calorie consumption, distance (walking), heart rate and sleep.
SMS / Call transfer:
- The smartphones Bluetooth must be activated, otherwise the mobile phone cannot provide any transmission of incoming calls and SMS.
- Check in the SmartLife settings under options whether the notifications of the call and SMS display are active.
- For iOS, the transfer of SMS and calls also works when the SmartLife app is closed.
- For Android, the SmartLife app must be running in the background so SMS and calls are transferred to the tracker.
The number of steps seems unbelievable:
- Please note that the activity tracker does not use GPS. Steps are only determined from movement data. Activities that move the tracker in comparison to walking unnaturally often back and forth are inevitably considered as steps.
The values for the active calorie consumption seem to be wrong:
- The calorie consumption is determined using the movement data based on the entered body values (height and weight). Please make sure that this data is entered correctly.
- The active calorie consumption, like the sleep data and the resting heart rate, are calculated, not measured values. For different reasons, there may be smaller deviations from actual, measured values.